1. The Library follows Open Access system. Students can take books from the stacks to the Reading Room for browsing through them. They should leave such books on the tables and not shelve them, as A Book Misplaced is a Book Lost.
2. Every Library User has a right to a peaceful environment for reading. Please make sure that you are not violating this right of other users.
3. Underlining or marking / tearing / folding of pages/ defacing or damaging in any way of library books or other materials is strictly prohibited. Users indulging in such practices may debarred from using the library.
4. Eating/ Smoking/ littering in the Library premises is strictly prohibited.
5. Users should leave their bags and other belongings including personal books (except money and other valuables) in the Luggage Racks outside the Library. Notepaper/notebooks/laptops will be allowed inside the Library.
Issue/Return of Books:
1. Students can issue a maximum of 8 books at a given point of time. Students can keep the books with them for a period of 15 days or 30 days as per their user category. The books should be returned on or before due date. Fine for Overdue books will be levied at the following rates:
- Re 1/- per day.
If the books are kept Overdue for more than 1 month, the student may be debarred from using the Library for that semester.
2. The books in the Reserved Sections are not for issue. Users have to consult them in the Library only.
3. The readers should check the book thoroughly for missing pages, chapters, pictures etc., while borrowing the book. Mutilated or spoiled books will have to be replaced by the borrower.
4. Readers can claim (reserve) books which are issued out. Claimed books are kept reserved for the claimant for 3 days from the date of return by previous borrower. One reader can put maximum 3 claims. Books are reissued only if there are no claims.
5. Loss of book(s) must be reported immediately. Late fees, if any, will be charged till the loss of book is reported. If the original library book is returned after reporting it lost, the fine will be calculated till the date of its return. For the rules for replacement of lost book kindly contact the Library Personnel. Library