Welcome to Mathematics Subject Guide !
This subject guide serves as a starting point to your search of scholarly resources in the area of Mathematics. Resources listed here include those that are accessible through our library and also on the web. It enables you to access from one point, various resources such as books, e-journals, e-databases, theses and dissertations and other web-based resources. (Please remember that this is not an exhaustive list. You will find many additional resources in the library such as Reference Books).
We welcome your suggestions to make the guide better suited to your requirements. Please write to us at email@example.com
Resources Available at the Central Library
- IEEE/IET Electronic Library (e-journals collections)
- Science Direct (Elsevier)
- SIAM Journals (Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics)
- Springer Journals (e-journals collection)
- Taylor & Francis Journals (Science & Technology Package)
- EBSCO Host e-books (OPAC link)
- IEEE/ Wiley Ebook (OPAC link)
- World eBook Library (WEL) [Through NDL]
- South Asia Archive (SAA) [Through NDL]
The Central Library uses Dewey Decimal Classification system to classify books.
A call number is a number used to identify and locate books in the library. It includes the Classification number, the Author Code (first three letters of the Author’s name) and the Accession number (serial number) of the book.
For example: Foundations of discrete mathematics by Joshi, K. D.
In this book label,
510 is the Class Number of Mathematics
JOS is the Author Code
3112 is the Accession Number.
The library has a sizable collection of books and reading material on Mathematics. These books are classified under the following Class Numbers:
- 510 Mathematics
- 511 General principles of mathematics
- 512 Algebra
- 513 Arithmetic
- 514 Topology
- 515 Analysis
- 516 Geometry
- 518 Numerical analysis
- 519 Probabilities & applied mathematics
To locate the books on Mathematics, please search the Library Online Catalogue
Institutional Digital Repository
OER – (Open Educational Resources) (Freely Available)
ETD Resources (e-Thesis):
- Networked Digital Library of Thesis and Dissertations (NDLTD)
- Shodhganga : a reservoir of Indian Thesis
- World Bank: Open Knowledge Repository
Open Access Directories:
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Directory of Open Access Repositories (OpenDOAR)
- Open Access Library (OALib)