Astronomy, Astrophysics and Space Engineering (AASE)
Welcome to AASE Subject Guide !
This subject guide serves as a starting point to your search of scholarly resources in the area of AASE. Resources listed here include those that are accessible through our library and also on the web. It enables you to access from one point, various resources such as books, e-journals, e-databases, theses and dissertations and other web-based resources. (Please remember that this is not an exhaustive list. You will find many additional resources in the library such as Reference Books).
We welcome your suggestions to make the guide better suited to your requirements. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources Available at the Central Library
- Europhysics Letters
- IEEE/IET Electronic Library (e-journals collections)
- Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics (IOP Science)
- Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society (Oxford)
- Nanotechnology (IOP Sciece)
- Nature (International Weekly Journal of Science)
- Physical Review Materials (AIP Journals)
- PNAS (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America)
- Science Direct (Elsevier)
- Science Magazine (AAAS)
- Springer Journals (e-journals collection)
- Taylor & Francis Journals (Science & Technology Package)
- Ebsco e-Books Host (OPAC Link)
- World e-Book Library (WEL) [Through NDL]
- South Asia Archive (SAA) [Through NDL]
The Central Library uses Dewey Decimal Classification system to classify books.
A call number is a number used to identify and locate books in the library. It includes the Classification number, the Author Code (first three letters of the Author’s name) and the Accession number (serial number) of the book.
For example: Observational astronomy : techniques and instrumentations by Sutton, Edmund C.
In this book label,
520 is the Class Number of Astronomy
SUT is the Author Code
28362 is the Accession Number.
The library has a sizable collection of books and reading material on AASE. These books are classified under the following Class Numbers:
- 520 Astronomy & allied sciences
- 521 Celestial mechanics
- 522 Techniques, equipment & materials
- 523 Specific celestial bodies & phenomena
- 525 Earth (Astronomical geography)
- 526 Mathematical geography
- 527 Celestial navigation
- 528 Ephemerides
- 529 Chronology
- To locate the books on AASE, please search the Library Online Catalogue
Institutional Digital Repository
OER – (Open Educational Resources) (Freely Available)
ETD Resources (e-Thesis):
- Networked Digital Library of Thesis and Dissertations (NDLTD)
- Shodhganga : a reservoir of Indian Thesis
- World Bank: Open Knowledge Repository
Open Access Directories: