Civil Engineering (CE)
Welcome to Civil Engineering Subject Guide !
This subject guide serves as a starting point to your search of scholarly resources in the area of Civil Enginnerig. Resources listed here include those that are accessible through our library and also on the web. It enables you to access from one point, various resources such as books, e-journals, e-databases, theses and dissertations and other web-based resources. (Please remember that this is not an exhaustive list. You will find many additional resources in the library such as Reference Books).
We welcome your suggestions to make the guide better suited to your requirements. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources Available at Central Library
- ASME Journals (e-journals collection)
- Nature Climate Change (Springer Nature)
- Nature Geoscience (Springer Nature)
- Nature Materials (Springer Nature)
- Science Direct (Elsevier)
- Springer Journals (e-journals collection)
- Taylor & Francis Journals (Science & Technology Package)
- Water Resources Research (American Geophysical Union (AGU)) (Wiley)
The Central Library uses Dewey Decimal Classification system to classify books.
A call number is a number used to identify & locate books in the library. It includes the Classification number, the Author Code (first three letters of the Author’s name) and the Accession number (serial number) of the book.
For example: Civil engineering drawing by Malik, Rajvir Singh and Meo, Gurdev Singh
In this book label,
624.022 is the Class Number of Civil Engineering
MAL is the Author Code
32380 is the Accession Number.
The library has a sizable collection of books and reading material on Civil Engineering. These books are classified under the following Class Numbers:
- 624 Civil Engineering
- 625 Engineering of Railroads & Roads
- 627 Water Resources (Hydraulic) Engineering
- 629 Sanitary Engineering
- 690 Buildings
- 691 Building materials
- 692 Auxiliary construction practices
- 693 Specific materials & purposes
- 694 Wood construction & carpentry
To locate the books on Civil Engineering, please search the Library Online Catalogue
Institutional Digital Repository
OER – (Open Educational Resources) (Freely Available)
ETD Resources (e-Thesis):
- Networked Digital Library of Thesis and Dissertations (NDLTD)
- Shodhganga : a reservoir of Indian Thesis
- World Bank: Open Knowledge Repository
Open Access Directories:
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Directory of Open Access Repositories (OpenDOAR)
- Open Access Library (OALib)