The Central Library is happy to present Springer Author Workshop on ‘How to get published in International Scientific Journals’ By Dr Akash Chakraborty, Associate Editor, Applied Sciences and Engineering, Springer
Date: September 19, 2019
Time: 2.30 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Venue: Helium (SB) 309
Topics covered include
- Writing for international journals: Language, Style and Accuracy
- Selecting an appropriate journal for your manuscript
- Peer-review and you
- Plagiarism, Citations, Open Access : The buzzwords of publishing
- Predatory journals and publishers: How to spot them
- Other relevant topics
The Central Library is happy to announce an Author Workshop by Elsevier as per details below:
Date: August 27, 2019
Time: 11:00 AM to 01:30 PM
Venue: Helium 309 (School Building)
The session, which is expected to last approximately 2 hours, will be structured as follows:
- Understanding the research workflow- 5 Mins
- Author Workshop (Helping with the Publishing process) – 1 Hour
- TEA/COFFEE BREAK- 5 mins
- A presentation and demo on Scopus – 30 Mins
- Importance of quality content: ScienceDirect- 10 Mins
- Reference Manager Mendeley –20 Mins
What do we plan to achieve?
With this session, we plan to achieve the following objectives:
- Understanding the publishing process, tips and tricks of writing a research article, Choosing correct Journal etc.
- Provide an introduction of Scopus, ScienceDirect and Mendeley to students/early career researchers so that they get maximum benefit in their research.
- Make the active researchers aware about tips and tricks to help them in the research process.
Who should attend this training session?
Since this session is about understanding the research workflow, publishing process and will cover the basic features and functionalities of Scopus, ScienceDirect and Mendeley, we expect all those who use/ intend to use these tools to attend this session.
The Central Library is happy to announce the Library Orientation Program for UG and PG Students :
27th July 2019 (Saturday)
Venue: Titanium Building (POD 1B) – Room No. 201
Timing: 10:30 AM to 12:00 Noon (For UG)
2:30 PM to 4:00 PM (For PG and Ph.D.)
The program will cover:
- Library Membership registration
- Library privileges and general rules
- Library collections (Books)
- E-Resources/ E-databases/ E-Journals/ E-books
- Library Website/ OPAC/ Subject Guides/ IDR
- Research support tools (Grammarly/ RemoteXS/Turnitin)
- Other related topics
Inauguration of Children’s Library Collection on 2nd April 2018